OUT ON THE PATIO - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES GUIDELINES
1.1 Please check all goods carefully upon acceptance as later claims for damage may not be accepted. Manufacturing faults relating to self-assembly products must be reported to Out On The Patio within 7 days. Please call or visit your nearest store or contact us on:firstname.lastname@example.org
1.2 Please retain your invoice in a safe place as proof of purchase as we may not have to accept the return of a product without it. We are happy to provide an e-mailed copy of your receipt to ensure that it will be recorded for re that valid reasons for returning a product do not include:
- Change of mind.
- Product does not fit in its intended location.
- An alternative product has been found elsewhere that is preferred or is cheaper.
- Product has been damaged subsequent to purchase and acceptance of delivery.
- Product fault was pre-existing and product was sold with declared imperfections.
1.4 Circumstances in which the customer may be entitled to a refund, exchange or store credit include:
- Product has a fault that would have stopped someone from purchasing it, if they had known about it.
- Product fails to do the job it is supposed to do.
- Product is significantly different from the sample shown or description given.
- Product is demonstrably unsafe and its use could lead to injury.
- Product fails to give appropriate service over a reasonable amount of time.
1.5 Depending on the circumstances Out On The Patio has the right to decide to resolve any product issue by taking one or more of the following actions:
- repair the product
- replace the product with an identical or similar product
- give a full or partial refund
- give a store credit.
2.1 Many products carry a manufacturer’s warranty and the purchaser should retain this in a safe place in case of any defects arising with the goods. In this event the purchaser should notify the retailer who will make every effort to contact the manufacturer on behalf of the purchaser.
2.2 Where no manufacturer’s warranty exists then the retailer may apply normal commercial warranties to the products in accordance with advertised offers. In any event the retailer will make every effort to repair, replace or refund in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. More information can be found at:
2.3 In the event of any failure of the goods it is the purchaser’s responsibility to return the goods to the retailer wherever this is reasonably practical. Where this is not practical the purchaser should send a written report along with supporting photographs in to the retailer for their assessment.
3.1 Full payment of any invoiced balance will be required prior to delivery of the goods.
3.2 Assembled goods purchased from stock on display must be delivered within 14 days of purchase and must be paid for in full at the time of purchase.
3.3 If the customer requires Out On The Patio to defer delivery of any stocked product, then the following deposits will be required:
- for a period up to 1 month, a minimum deposit of 30% will be required.
- for a period up to 2 months, a minimum deposit of 60% will be required.
- for a period up to 3 months, a minimum deposit of 90% will be required.
3.4 If the customer wishes to reserve a product that is on forward order then a minimum deposit of 30% will be required.
3.5 If the customer requires Out On The Patio to buy in a product which is not normally stocked by the store, a minimum deposit of 50% will be required.
3.6 If Out On The Patio cancels the customer order for any reason, the customer has the right to a full refund of any deposit made.
3.7 If the customer cancels the order, the customer will be granted a store credit equal to the amount paid so far, less any cancellation fee. The cancellation fee will be calculated as follows:
- If the goods ordered are less than $25 in value, the cancellation fee will be the full amount of the purchase price.
- If the goods ordered are a stocked product whether in stock or on a forward order, with a value greater than $25, then the cancellation fee will be $25 plus 20% of the remainder of the retail price after $25 has been deducted.
- If the goods ordered have not arrived within 30 days of the time estimated, then the customer may choose to be given a full refund of any deposit.
- If the customer order is for a special product not normally stocked by Out On The Patio, then the cancellation fee will be the full value of the deposit paid.
- If the goods purchased were floor stock taken from display, the cancellation fee will be 50% of the price paid.
3.8 On goods arriving in store, the customer shall be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will have 30 days to collect the goods. Should the customer fail to collect goods within 30 days the customer will be required to pay any outstanding balance.
3.9 On goods being received by Out On The Patio, the customer shall be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will have 30 days to arrange collection or delivery of the goods. Should the customer fail to take possession of the goods within 30 days the customer will be required to pay any outstanding balance.
3.10 If the goods remain uncollected after 30 days, Out On The Patio reserves the right to impose storage charges on the customer. If the goods have not been collected within 6 months, Out On The Patio may offer them up for general sale in order to recover storage and administration costs.
3.11 Partial collections are available to the customer as long as goods taken are fully paid for and all goods remaining are still covered by a full 30% deposit.
3.12 It is the responsibility of the customer to notify Out On The Patio of any change of address or contact details.
TRANSFER OF TITLE
4.1 Title of goods does not pass to the purchaser until full payment is made. Once this has been done and the purchaser has taken possession of goods whether by collection or delivery, Out On The Patio relinquishes all responsibility for the goods and they become the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
4.2 If for any reason the goods must be returned to Out On The Patio, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to pay for any costs associated with doing so. If the goods are to be collected by Out On The Patio, a second delivery fee may apply.
4.3 A delivery charge is for one delivery only. If for any reason no one is home as arranged with the store, additional delivery fees may apply.
INTEREST FREE TERMS
5.1 At the discretion of Out On The Patio, Interest-free payment terms may occasionally be offered to purchasers. Such offers may be restricted to full recommended retail prices and Sale items may be specifically excluded.
5.2 All offers of interest free credit terms are provided by third party companies offering an external service. Such offers are subject to the terms and conditions specifically offered by the company offering the interest free credit terms and are not the responsibility of Out On The Patio.
6.1 Out on the Patio may record details of customers on its database and occasionally will send promotional material to its customers. Any such communication will include an option for the customer to unsubscribe from the distribution list.
Out On The Patio is bound by the Privacy Act 1985 and the National Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit: www.privacy.gov.au
7.2 What information is collected by Out On The Patio?
Out On The Patio may collect limited personal information such as title, name, address and phone number. Such information is only collected when knowingly provided by the customer. For example, your personal information may be requested when you:
- Make a purchase in one of our stores;
- Order goods and require our services for delivery;
- Make enquiries;
- Request a Quotation;
- Enter a promotion or contest hosted by Out On The Patio;
- Submit a job application or resume;
- Apply for finance.
7.3 Is any information collected by the Out On The Patio website?
Occasionally information on website activity is reviewed. When we do this, we look for measures such as ‘most viewed pages’, ‘number of pages viewed’ and ‘most popular session times’. This data allows us to evaluate the performance of the site and adjust the content we provide. We do not use ‘cookies’ for collecting user information on our website.
7.4 How is this information used?
Out On The Patio uses your information to better understand customer needs and provide them with better service. In particular, this information is used to:
- complete a transaction;
- deal more efficiently with your queries or customer service issues;
- provide customers with information on products, services, events or promotions that may be of particular interest.
7.5 Is any of Out On The Patio’s information disclosed to third parties?
Out On The Patio does not sell, rent or release information gathered to any other individuals, companies or groups. Any information we gather is used strictly for our own purposes.
7.6 What if I don’t want to be on a mailing list?
If for any reason you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please contact your nearest store. If contact has been made via a distributed e-mail, customers will be given the option to unsubscribe to the distribution list.
7.7 Who can I contact if I have any questions?